Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This week's Gospel: The 12th Sunday of Ordinary Time

This week’s Gospel as in the Codex Fuldensis Gospel: The 12th Sunday of Ordinary Time
Using data publicly available from:
http://www.liturgyoffice.org.uk/Calendar/2008/Jun08.html
and The Sunday Missal to cross-check.
This Week's Gospel: Matt 10: 26 – 33.
(22nd-Jun-2008) The 12th Sunday of Ordinary Time, Year A

Do not be afraid of those who will kill the body.
This reading from the middle part of the caput given below. The reading richly interwoven from the three synoptics

XLIIII. Ubi Ihesus mittit ·XII· discipulos suos docere et curare omnes infirmitates.
(Where Jesus sends his twelve disciples to teach and to cure all infirmities.)

44: 17
Therefore fear them not. For nothing is covered that shall not be revealed: nor hid, that shall not be known.
18
That which I tell you in the dark, speak ye in the light: and that which I whisper in your ear, preach ye upon the housetops.
19
And I say to you, my friends: fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell.
20
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and not one of them shall fall on the ground without your Father. But also the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: better are you than many sparrows.
21
Every one therefore that shall confess me before men, I will also confess him before my Father who is in heaven. and before his angels. But he that shall deny me before men and shall be ashamed of me in this adulterous and sinful generation: I will also deny him before my Father who is in heaven and his angels, and the Son of man also will be ashamed of him, when he shall come in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

No comments: