Monday, June 30, 2008

This week's Gospel: The 14th Sunday of Ordinary Time

This week’s Gospel as in the Codex Fuldensis Gospel: The 14th Sunday of Ordinary Time
Using data publicly available from:
http://www.liturgyoffice.org.uk/Calendar/2008/Jul08.html
and The Sunday Missal to cross-check.
This Week's Gospel: Matt 11: 25 – 30.
(6th-Jul-2008) The 14th Sunday of Ordinary Time, Year A

I am gentle and humble of heart.
This reading from the middle part of the caput given below. The reading is mainly taken from Matthew, but with a little interweaving from Luke.

LXVII. Ubi Ihesus elegit alios ·LXXII· discipulos et adiungens parabolam turrem ædificantis et regis ad prælium parantis.
(Where Jesus selects another seventy two disciples, and adding the parable of the tower builder, and the king to bind a treaty..)

67: 7
In that same hour, he rejoiced in the Holy Ghost and said: I confess to thee, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them to little ones. Yea, Father: for so hath it seemed good in thy sight.
8
All things are delivered to me by my Father. And no one knoweth the Son but the Father: neither doth any one know the Father, but the Son, and he to whom it shall please the Son to reveal him.
9
And turning to his disciples, he said: Come to me all you that labour and are burdened, and I will refresh you. Take up my yoke upon you, and learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart: And you shall find rest to your souls; for my yoke is comfortable and my burden light.

No comments: