Monday, April 21, 2008

This week’s Gospel: 6th Sunday of Easter

This week’s Gospel as in the Codex Fuldensis Gospel: 6th Sunday of Easter
Using data publicly available from:
http://www.liturgyoffice.org.uk/Calendar/2008/Apr08.html
This Week's Gospel: John 14: 15 – 21.
(27th-April-2008) 6th Sunday of Easter, Year A

I shall ask the Father and he will give you another Advocate.
This reading continues from last week’s reading, though it omits verses thirteen and fourteen. I commented last week that the twelfth verse runs into the thirteenth without a sentence break, so I ended the reading after the first part of verse twelve, which ends in a sentence break, which also corresponds with the paragraph break in the Sangallen notation. So I start the new reading at that boundary, thus it comprises the paragraphs in the Sangallen notation, 164: 1 – 6. The reading is entirely from John.

CLVII. Ubi Ihesus hortatur discipulos suos, ut non pavefiat cor vestrum.
(Where Jesus encourages His disciples, that they not let their hearts be troubled.)


164: 1
Indeed, indeed, I say to you, he that believeth in me, the works that I do, he also shall do, because I go to the Father: and whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, that will I do: that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
2
If you love me, keep my commandments, and I will ask the Father: and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever.
3
The spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, nor knoweth him. But you shall know him; because he shall abide with you and shall be in you.
4
I will not leave you orphans: I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world seeth me no more. But you see me: because I live, and you shall live.
5
In that day you shall know that I am in my Father: and you in me, and I in you.
6
He that hath my commandments and keepeth them; he it is that loveth me. And he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father: and I will love him and will manifest myself to him.

No comments: